Jeff Kallman's excellent The Easy Ace: A Journal of Classic Radio
is a wonderful place to spend hours on end, rediscovering the Golden Age of Radio
as it's meant to be discovered and celebrated. Article after article
is filled with a wonderful new vignette about Golden Age Radio History.
---The Digital Deli Online.

[I]n his matchless on-this-day approach to chronicling “yesteryear,”
he easily aces out a less organized mind like mine,
which promptly lapsed into a more idiosyncratic mode of relating the past.
---broadcastellan.

Monday, April 30, 2007

One Good Plug Deserves Another . . .

My eleventh reader is now verifiable. (If he's reading yours truly he may also be certifiable.)

He writes under the name Mr. Liberty (now, there's a non de plume you can't refuse), he composes a rather genially crusty blog of his own, Libertarianism and Things, giving near-equal time to the sociopolitical animation implied by the first part of the name and to the friendly good humoured carp and roll implied by the second part.

Aside from all of which, he gave me a very good plug. Amend that. He gave me the kind of plug that makes your ego feel as if it's just been invited to sink into a warm bath with a glass of champagne on the rim of the Jacuzzi. And one good plug deserves another. (I'm not sure, but I think Mr. Liberty paid $3.50 to place . . . )

I'm going to have to take issue with my new friend on one piece of flattery, however. He says of me that I provide rich commentary. If he knows something I don't know yet about how rich my commentary isn't yet making me, I wish he'd let me in on the secret. I can use the money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home